Cookies & Privacy Notice
Red Fox Ceilidhs are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to allow you to get the most from us.
We have published this notice to help you understand:
- how and why Red Fox Ceilidhs collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Red Fox Ceilidhs will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as “we” or “us”. By Data Controller, this means we determine the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Ben Robinson, Red Fox Ceilidhs, 14 Millstone Lane, Leicester LE1 5JN or via any of the methods at http://www.redfoxceilidhs.co.uk/contact
This privacy notice was last updated on 22nd May 2018.
What information we collect when you purchase tickets and why?
When you buy tickets from us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to set this up, you will provide personal information to our payment provider*. This information includes:
- full name
- contact numbers, and
- email address
We use this information to send you your ticket confirmation and provide analysis on our marketing efforts.
As a not for profit organisation, its critical we spend money on marketing effectively. Your data helps us understand what works and what doesn’t, ensuring with get this right on each event.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfill a contractual arrangement e.g. provide you with event tickets.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. when you join our mailing list.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Red Fox Ceilidhs in managing our events to allow us to provide you with the best service in the most secure and appropriate way. We have no examples of this activity with in our current processes.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
|What We Use Your Personal Information For||Our Reasons (Legal Basis)||Our Explanation Of Red Fox Ceilidhs Legitimate Interests|
|Purchasing tickets||Fulfilling a contract||N/A|
|Notify you of your purchase.||Legitimate interests||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity.|
|Marketing communications to inform you of upcoming events.||Legitimate interests||Developing our ceilidh series to attract and retain visitors.|
Who we share your information with and why
Red Fox Ceilidhs has no requirement to share your personal data with third parties, and will never do so.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about our events. When you purchase tickets from us, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Red Fox Ceilidhs will not share your information with anyone else for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing using the address above, by clicking the unsubscribe link within the emails we send or by replying STOP to any text messages we send.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
How long we keep your information
As we only require your information to allow the smooth running of an event, you data will be deleted shortly* after each event, with the exception of you email address and phone number where you have opted to receive updates from us.
* due to Red Fox Ceilidhs being a volunteer-run, seasonal event (with five ceilidhs between Autumn and Summer), it is likely that data collected for an event will be deleted during the preparation of the next event. Therefore the longest we will hold your data for is 6 months.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from Red Fox Ceilidhs, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access – to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased, contact us ( http://www.redfoxceilidhs.co.uk/contact)
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling – rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact us.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with data, however, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a 'session cookie') or for repeat visits (a 'persistent cookie'). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, phone number or credit card details.
We currenly only use one type of cookie, this is for analytics and performance.
In order to keep the Site and its services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
If you would like more information on Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited and time spent browsing, as well as the tickets you purchased. Red Fox Ceilidhs uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. We use First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Red Fox Ceilidhs) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Details of our Third Party Cookies
Red Fox Ceilidhs allows selected Third Parties who participate with us in marketing programs to place cookies when you visit our site. These cookies enable us to monitor which adverts you see and click on to get to our site.
For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the table below. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
The following Cookies are all used for Analytical and Marketing purposes.
- Google Analytics
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 22nd May 2018, and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Ben Robinson, Red Fox Ceilidhs, 14 Millstone Lane, Leicester, LE1 5JN
or via our website http://redfoxceilidhs.co.uk/contact